On 9/4/2017 4:49 PM, Jack Brindle wrote:

> I can answer that one. It is in the equipment manuals. 15V max.
> Some components are rated at that level.

That is true for Elecraft equipment but I was referring to "generic" 12V
stuff.  For example, some "12 V" things that I use are external disk
drives, powered USB hubs, radio accessories, and computer peripherals of
all sorts.  Some manuals list this, sometimes we are lucky just to get
an instruction sheet with pictures let alone text.

So far I've been satisfied with my power board set for a "regulated"
level of 14.1 V for transceivers and "float" level (nominally 13.8 V)
for everything else -- but I was wondering.  Maybe it's my power
engineer training  !!

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest