> I hope you are saying that the derating for the components was based on a
> 15V max input.    If there are 15V rated parts on the input rail, that's
> not good.

I just took a glance at the K3S schematics to see if I could tell.  Result
was inconclusive.

Notes:

C3 (10 uF), C8 (10 uF) and C22 (470 uF) on the PA I/O board have no voltage
ratings specified on the drawings.

C85 (10 uF) on the DSP power supply has no voltage rating on the drawing.

C52 is 1000 uF / 10V on a regulated 8V rail.   That wouldn't have gotten
past the design reviews I have been subjected to.   Most of the other caps
on the 8V rail(s) are rated for 25V.

All but the 10 uF parts are likely tants or electrolytics.  10 uF could be
those or ceramic.

C102 (10u, 10V) is ceramic and may be unsufficiently derated.  (See the
recent thread on the loss of LCD segments; known problem to Elecraft
support.)

Very few of the low value caps (which are all are probably MLCCs) have a
voltage specified on the drawings.

I probably missed something as It  is hard to do schematic review with
PDFs, but we're lucky to have those.  Thank you, Elecraft!

-ch