Bret,

This is a condition we call "Power Hunting", and it usually indicates that you do not have the audio level set correctly for Elecraft transceivers.

Are you driving the audio to illuminate 4 bars on the K3S ALC meter with the 5th bar flashing? You must operate Elecraft gear differently than other transceivers because of the closed loop system used for power control is different than the simplistic "control the drive level" system that other transceivers use.

Ignore the internet (and WSJT-X) advice which tells you to adjust the power with the audio level and set the power to maximum.

With Elecraft gear, set the audio as instructed in the manual and adjust the power with the POWER knob.

73,
Don W3FPR