Byron,

Absolutely not.  Functionality of KPOD is way too limited.

I think what he is envisioning is something like an optional detachable or attachable face plate (like the TS480) has. It may be huge in size and for example might have individual band buttons, lots of knobs for other functions and maybe single function push button instead to press/tap multifunction buttons. Maybe most of the buttons could be customized.

Such an offering could satisfy both worlds. One world doesn't think they need any hardware interface and wants to run everything by computer. The second world prefers a more traditional knob/button interface. Keep in mind the demographics. Closely spaced small buttons and knobs are difficult for many older people to use. Reading the small captions is also an issue.

The design of such a detachable interface that satisfies most would be a challenge. It may be that there needs to be several different sized offerings. Market size may be a real issue.

In either case, there would be no escape from some menus. There is simply too much functionality to put everything on a hardware interface.

Keep in mind the FLEX history. It started out as all computer control. Then they developed the Maestro hardware interface because many found the all computer interface lacking.

73 de Brian/K3KO