If what you want is a good panadapter for the K3, the P3 is hard to beat,
in my opinion.

I started my panadapter journey on the K3 the cheapest way possible - a
softrock receiver on the IF, fed to the internal sound card on my PC. I was
never able to tame the large 'spike' at the IF frequency.  I then switched
to an external USB sound card  (Xonar U7) which was better, but still not
great. Then i got a SDRPlay RSP1, which makes a pretty decent panadapter,
but was not really happy with any of the SDR software that i tried (and I
tried several).  Finally, I built a P3 kit. The P3 requires far less
fiddling around that any of the other things I used before.  I was
concerned about the small display, but found it perfectly adequate for me.
Your mileage may vary.

I did hook up the RSP1 to the IF Out of the P3 to try it with Win4K3, with
the idea of getting 'point and click QSY' with the mouse. That worked, but
I found that I didn't really use it, so I'm back to just using the P3.
I guess I like the fact that it just works - no need to launch software,
mess with configuration of SDR options, fiddle with calibration to get the
frequency on the screen aligned with the frequency on the K3, etc.

I have not tried SpectraVue as suggested by N7WS...perhaps i should. I
found HDSDR and even Rocky just too much bother just to get a useful
panadapter. I do not have the SVGA option, so cannot comment on that.

My only gripe with the P3 is the way it implements the QSY function. You
need to move the marker with that tiny knob, then push the knob to make the
VFO jump to the marker. I often wind up bumping the rotational position of
the knob when pushing it in, and/or pushing the whole unit backwards on the
desk.  So, I seldom use that function.  Instead, I move the P3 VFOB
indicator to the signal of interest with the VFOB knob on the K3, and hit
A/B on the radio to jump there.  If I could manipulate the markers and the
'QSY to marker' function with a KPod, I'd consider buying one.