You raise some great points, Ian. The choice of which type of panadapter to
use, as well as how to configure and integrate it, depends greatly on what
your purpose is for using one in the first place. We certainly have an
abundance of riches in the choices available today!
You've inspired me to spend some more time tinkering with the RSP1 and
HDSDR. I use my K3 with transverters for VHF+ contesting as well, although
I'm usually a rover station so monitor space is very limited...
You said you connect the SDR at the 28 MHZ transverter IF... Do you simply
add it to the IF daisy chain on the receive side?
Thanks for the thoughtful response. I learn a lot from this list.
73 de W0ZF