From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of James Wilson
Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:45 PM
To: Elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 with P3 Transmit Monitor

Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

I presume that by "draft" you are looking at a prelim copy of the KPA1500
Owner's manual.
Yes, Ron. KAP1500 Owner's Manual Revision A1 (Draft) dated August 9, 2017.

To further simplify its block diagram the signal path is like this:

TRANSCEIVER (external) --> AMPLIFIER --> INTERNAL SWR BRIDGE --> ATU -->
ANTENNA SYSTEM (external)

The SWR briege in the KPA1500 will report the SWR the amplifier "sees" going
into the ATU. As you know, the point of the ATU is to ensure the amplifier
itself is feeding a 52 ohm non-reactive load which is expressed as an SWR in
the link between the amp and the ATU.

delivered to r...@elecraft.com