I just assembled the P3 kit which includes the SVGA adaptor and the TX monitor.

In the original instructions, there’s a warning not to use the P3 with SVGA
adaptor, taking power from the K3’s 12 volt output. However, there’s a
reference to the 1 Amp K3 modification in a later full manual for the P3, which
says it’s OK to use the P3+SVGA, provided older K3s have the 1 Amp mod.

I’d prefer to use the power output from the K3, because it allows integrated
switching of power to the P3. Am I correct in assuming that the later manual
instructions are correct?

Also, I have the 6 metre (outboard) pre-amp which needs 12V power (very low
current). As the K3 12V output is via an RCA (Phono) socket, has anyone used an
RCA splitter to supply two devices?

73,

Alan. G4GNX