I use a "Y" adapter to power my P3 (no VGA) and W2 watt meter from the K3 12V output.  Before upgrading to the KXV3B, I used 2 "Y" adapters to power the 6M pre-amp as well and never had any problems.

Mike, KI0HA

On 11/19/2017 06:15, G4GNX wrote:
Hi Don.

Thanks for the info.

I performed the 1 Amp mod on my K3 myself, so I'm quite sure it's 1A capable and yes it does have the 1A label.

I'll look for a quality adapter. As they're normally meant for audio work, I was a little concerned that the internal wiring might only be intended to carry milliamps.

73,

Alan. G4GNX

-----Original Message----- From: Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2017 12:04 PM
To: G4GNX ; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3 with SVGA

Alan,

Look at the label on your K3 12 volt output jack.  Does it say 0.5 amp
or does it say 1.0 amp?  The 12v change includes a sticker to re-label
the jack.

Yes, you could use a "Y" adapter, but use a good quality one so you
don't have a significant voltage drop due to loosely fitting connectors.

73,
Don W3FPR