Paulette,

As with any antenna, if you can get it outdoors and in the clear, your noise pickup will be drastically reduced compared to using it indoors.

Although when mounted outdoors, the manual tuning may make it difficult to tune from the KX2 location - so put on a short length of coax, and carry the KX2 to the antenna location for tuning. After tuning, connect a coax extension onto the antenna, and go into the shack for operating.

73,
Don W3FPR