I often use the KX2 indoors with one of two temporary antennas:

1) A 3.9, 7.2, and 14.3_MHz 76' trapped and coil-shortened center-fed
inverted-V (dipole) with a SOTAbeams 1:1/15W  balun, pitched on a 10m
MFJ "fishing pole", and terminated on some 6' wooden fence posts. This
connects to my shack using a 75' length of RG58.

2) A 36' helical-wrapped vertical wire on that same "fishing pole", five
random non-resonant radials varied between 12' and 33' long at 6 to 12
inches above the ground, and a SOTAbeams 4:1/15W balun. I use this on
7.0 through 29.7_MHz. This connects to my shack using a 35' length of RG-8x.

With this setup I have worked 47 states and 3 Canadian provinces on
JT65, and 8 states on SSB. I regularly check-in to a couple of
multi-state public service nets on 75m as well.

I also carry those same two antennas into the field for camping trips,
but instead of RG58 or RG8x, I carry a 60' piece of RG174. Around the
time of the recent solar eclipse, I made about 20 contacts in 3 hours
from my campsite in Idaho outside Yellowstone N.P. with stations from
the west coast all of the way to the Great Lakes region on 80m and 20m.

When I used the KX2 with a Chameleon "P Loop" I was underwhelmed with
the results.

Steve, KC6ZKT, San Jose (CM97)