As I mentioned previously on this list, I operated WPX CW from northeastern France in 2004 with my 10 watt K2 (running 5  watts) and a W6MMA MP-1 mini-screwdriver antenna plus counterpoise from a 6th floor hotel room.  The antenna was sitting on a table near the window and I worked quite a bit of DX, including Tunisia and United Arab Emirates.  Being the only entrant in the 20M QRP category, I naturally came in first place.  Prior to the contest I worked many additional stations including Aland Islands at 10 watts.  Of course, propagation was a bit better than is currently the case.

Caveat: This was the Elecraft version of that antenna (no longer available) which had the loading coil painted in Elecraft grey, which obviously added some additional mojo.

I'm planning on setting up the same antenna for use with my KX2 from my ground level apartment but don''t expect quite the same performance.

Bob Nielsen, N7XY