I believe all RG8X has a .242 diameter PVC jacket and about the same loss.
Certainly some brands are better made, I use only Belden 9258.

Perhaps the question should be what is the best coax with a diameter less
than ??? or weight less then ???, for ??? MHz, good for ??? watts for a
portable/permanent installation? There might be some interesting options.

John KK9A

Mon Feb 26 12:07:16 EST 2018

Hi Richard,

Please provide a little more information so that your question can
be answered more accurately.

At what frequencies will you be using your coax?

Will your coax be buried or laid on the ground, or will it not be
in contact with the ground at all?

Many coaxial cables have a vinyl jacket which is very susceptible
to moisture penetration if buried or laid on moist ground.

Are rodents (squirrels, mice, etc) a problem in your area?

Vinyl jacketed coax is very susceptible to rodent damage which
will quickly increase your coax loss.

73
Frank
W3LPL