Can you be specific about how you are determining that the BFOs are on the
wrong side of the carrier?

I'm listening to the 7.040MHz generated by an XG2.  When I have CW
(not R) selected the pitch goes down as I turn up in frequency.

I'll give you the BFO high & low freqs and the marking on the crystal
envelope when I get home in an hour or so.  No KSB2 yet. I'll add it
after the basic rig works.

Thanks for the response.

Mark

Using 40 meters, tune in a signal, then tune the pitch of the signal to a
lower tone, observing which way you turn the VFO dial - if you have LSB or
CW selected, the pitch should become lower as you tune lower in frequency -
USB and CWr will be the reverse.

If you indeed do have inverted sidebands, then re-check the BFO range test
and let us know what the high and low BFO frequencies are. and let us know
the number (x.x) that was marked on the envelope your crystals were packaged
in.

Also, do you have the KSB2 installed yet or not?