Mark,

Put the plastic sheet in anyway.  In your case, it may be overkill (good job on flush cutting BTW).

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/8/2018 10:26 PM, Mark Petrovic wrote:
Don, thank you.

With some copper braid solder wick to remove a bit of the fillets on the joints on both boards, and after using my new Xcelite 170M shears, the control board can be secured without an insulating sheet between it and the front panel board.  I may still use that sheet of plastic there, but the new configuration is /much/ better than when I first wrote.

Mark
AE6RT