-------- Original message --------From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: 5/11/18  15:44  (GMT-06:00) To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: Re:
[Elecraft] P3 to video
Great idea, Michael.  But with one important possible gotcha --
virtually all of the power supplies for monitors like this are
switch-mode types, and almost all generate RF noise. Several years ago,
we were lucky to identify several Samsung models that run on a nominal
14VDC, and that work fine on the 12-14VDC that most of us have in our
shacks (or on older linear 12V wall warts). Most newer models run at
higher DC voltage, so to kill the noise they generate, we much find a
suitable linear power supply for that voltage.

BTW -- someone gave me a Samsung with touch controls because it was an
RFI nightmare -- the monitor itself generated lots of noise AND the
display went nuts in the presence of RF.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to k...@montac.com