On 5/11/2018 2:01 PM, Michael Blake wrote:
 Both have switch mode power supplies and I have never been able to identify either as a source of noise on my Flex 5000, Flex 3000, FLEX 6300, SunSDR2 Pro, Sun SDR2 NANO, QX1R, KX3 or K3s.

That doesn't mean that they're not noisy -- most of us are surrounded by dozens of noise sources that blend together and make any single source hard to hear. Your monitors could be noisy,  but the rest of the noise covers it up. Have you probed around them with a portable AM radio tuned to a clear spot near the high end of the AM broadcast band? I use a Kenwood TH-F6A talkie, which covers from below the AM band to nearly 1 GHz.

All of us can do ourselves a favor by implementing a "search and destroy" mission for RF noise sources. These two links provide a lot of practical advice on how to do it.
http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73, Jim K9YC