Gerald ..

If you’re looking for the 50 page "troubleshooting and diagnosis" guide for the
K3, it isn’t something you’ll find.  But as others have said, this list and
Elecraft support are invaluable resources.

The K3 is largely built to be module replaceable.  But the modules themselves
are also repairable, as long as you’re willing to deal with SMD components. One
of the several benefits of building one (as opposed to ordering a factory built
version) is that it eliminates the fear of taking off the covers.  Another is
that you get familiar with what’s in the box, where it is, and will have at
least installed it once.  You just use the construction manual backwards to get
it out again.  But even a factory built radio does NOT come with one of those
stickers that causes your warranty to be terminated if you “break the seal”.

I built my K3 back in 2007 or so.  I’ve been into it over and over again
installing new or updated versions of boards,  or applying updates to
individual boards.  I’ve never actually had a board/component failure (knocking
very hard on wood), and think that’s the likely case for most of us. And it’s
never been back to Elecraft to cut a trace, install a jumper or a new part,
etc.  YMMV :-)

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091, KX3 #8342