One quick note:  We have shifted up the fan turn on temperatures by about 7
degrees for Fan speed 2 and above in our next KPA1500 s/w release and on newly
shipping amps.  The release should be available in the next week or two.

As noted by others,  setting the minimum RF deck fan speed to 1 (or 2 if
desired) also further delays going to higher fan speeds in TX.

Also, since the RF deck is instant on, its OK to turn it off from the front
panel when you are mostly listening and tuning the band. (The amp can also be
set to power up in operate mode in its menu..)

There are no limitations to turning it on and off frequently. (Of course we
recommend letting it cool first before turning it off temporarily when running
higher duty TX cycles.)

73,
Eric
elecraft.com