That's true. Especially when you let stuff sit for 6 months between uses. I
need to get more of those covers....

73 Jeff kb2m

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Clay Autery
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 2:34 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 and K3 SWR meters disagree

Make and break syndrome!  <smile>

Either there was a connector that was not fully mated even though you
thought it was (something fouling a thread making it appear snug) or
some oxidation/schmutz on one of the mating surfaces.

I've experienced BOTH... it is maddening for sure.  That's why I now put
covers on ALL unused connector ends for cables/jumpers not actually in
use.  There's a reason the military "dummy cords" a connector cover to
virtually everything.  <wink>

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389