Thanks for all the replies. At least I know I'm normal, er, well the radio is at least :)

Had a good time with AA CW test this weekend just in and out of the shack an hour or two at a time and limiting myself to the K2 at 10 watts whilst the K3 and big Alpha sit idle. Very good to work into EU with the 10 watts and completed with K3EST and K7QA both of whom have uuge! signals here is SE Asia tonight but still my first 2 USA with 10 watts. It's rare to hear US stations here and more so to hear them that strong.

Martin, HS0ZED

After a band change the first dit, or two, is not at full power.
There seems to be an initial ramp up after which all is good and I don't
see any fluctuation in power. Supply is 13.5 volts when producing full
power, about 13.9 with just the receiver running. Full power current on
28Mhz is showing on the display as 2.66A. I can see the ramp up on the
bar graph, it shows one bar for the first 3-4 dots then ramps up to all
10 bars. I have confirmed the same with an external power meter.
Anything I can do about this?

Message delivered to hs0...@gmail.com