Robert -

I had mine done last year. The K3 cannot be fully upgraded to a K3s, and
what all 'can' be done depends on such things as: Do you already have the
new synthesizer board or boards, depending on having the sub receiver or
not. And, are there options that you do not want.

Perusing the Elecraft website will give you a pretty good idea, and if you
have questions just email support and discuss what you have, what they can
do, and what you want... then they can give you a much better idea than I
can.

I already had the new synths in my K3, and the upgrades I opted for came in
at close to, but somewhat under $1000 including shipping.

Best of luck,

Dave - K9FN