Ronnie,

The latest K3 builds included the new synthesizers. Open the top cover and look - if your synthesizer board(s) have a 3.5mm jack at the top, they are the new ones. The new synthesizers make a big improvement - If I recall it is an 8 to 10 dB improvement in the receive noise floor. I am going from my recollection of Eric's presentation to FDIM just as the K3S was being announced.

73,
Don W3FPR