From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:10 PM
To: Ronnie Hull <w5...@comcast.net>; Charlie T <pin...@erols.com>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] factory upgrade to K3(s)

Ronnie,

The latest K3 builds included the new synthesizers.  Open the top cover and
look - if your synthesizer board(s) have a 3.5mm jack at the top, they are the
new ones.
The new synthesizers make a big improvement - If I recall it is an 8 to
10 dB improvement in the receive noise floor.  I am going from my recollection
of Eric's presentation to FDIM just as the K3S was being announced.

73,
Don W3FPR

delivered to markmus...@sbcglobal.net