Hi Glenn,

I had problems with this as well.  I asked tech support and they sent an email
showing the following correct cable placement:

1.  From J2 on KREF3 board to J83 on the Main KSYN3A board.

2.  From J1 on the Main KSYN3A board to REF I note K144XV with Reference
Oscillator Phase Lock Option Installed.

Hope this is helpful.

John
WA1EAZ

> On Jul 14, 2018, at 10:41 AM, WA7SPY <wa7...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have a new K3S kit and P3 kit that I put together. The following options
> are installed:
> FL1 - 13khz FM filter
> FL2 - 2.7 khz filter
> FL3 - 400 hz filter
> FL3 - 200 hz filter
> KPA3A 100 watt PA
> KAT3A 100 watt Tuner
> KBPF3A General coverage band pass
> KTCX03-1 High stability TCXO
> K144XV internal 2 meter module
> K3EXREF external 10mhz reference
> K144XV phase lock board.
> The K3S and options are all working. I had a problem with 2meters being off
> frequency after adding the K3EXREF and the K144XV reference board. I did a
> complete reset to factory defaults. I removed the K144XV reference board.
> Then set the 2 meter offset back to what was labeled on the module. The 2
> meter frequency was accurate. I put the K144XV reference board back in. Now
> the 2 meter frequency is accurate with the board back in. My question is
> where is the TMP cable suppose to be connected on the KSYN3 board? I have one
> end connected to REF IN on the 2 meter module. I initially connected the
> other end to J4 on the KSYN3. I now have it connected to J1 on the KSYN3 do I
> have the TMP cable connected correctly? The documentation is a little
> confusing to me. Figure 13 page 15 on the K3EXREF manual shows J4 being used
> on the KSYN3A if both the KXV144 reference board and the KEXREF options are
> installed. There is an Errata sheet showing to use J1 on the KSYN3 board.
> Which one is c
 or