I'm using the SDR Play / RSP1 with HDSDR software.   With the RSP1 connected to the IF OUT I find that nothing else is required.  Configured in the software,  via OmniRig for Sync to Rig and Sync from Rig, I have full point and click mouse control.   Click on a signal and the radio goes there.   I find this makes for a very economical configuration, and it provides a 2nd receiver, if desired.    This allows one to listen to the DX frequency while maintaining  a watch on the call frequency.   It also allows one to monitor their own signal during transmit.

No splitter is required and it does not affect the K3S receiver performance.    One cable is connected from the RSP1 to the K3S IF OUT and one cable connected from the RSP1 to the computer.   The K3S also connects to the computer with one USB cable.  Simple, clean, and economical.

73

Bob, K4TAX