Thanks to Stefan for surveying opinions of the P3 from the world's top
contesters.

Three years ago, I asked Elecraft about the possibility of point-and-click
tuning using a mouse plugged into the USB port of the P3SVGA. These were the
key points of Elecraft's reply.

1.  "The firmware architecture is arranged to control the P3 from the P3 front
panel.  The SVGA is controlled by the P3, rather than the other way around."
Comment: That does seem to be a substantial technical point, although they also
agreed that "anything can be done" (which we must presume to mean, "given
sufficient demand and priority").

2. "You would have to choose between a mouse and a keyboard.  The P3SVGA USB
does not support... multiple devices at the same time."
Comment: Not a deal-breaker.

3. "Is the knob really that much slower than a mouse?"
Comment: Words failed me! At that point I broke off the conversation. The gap
in understanding was simply too wide.

Since then I have purchased a second K3; but I did not purchase another P3.
Instead I chose one of SDR-based alternatives which does more, better, at lower
cost, and - crucially - continues to evolve. Meanwhile, the P3 falls farther
behind.

73 from Ian GM3SEK