Hi Bob (and Mark),

My apologies, I think I may have taken us off the main topic.  My
experience and requirement was fairly simple and I needed something
brainless to help make field day easy.

I have the acc2 cable from elecraft and then used a single phono cable to
transmit the ptt event from the kx3 acc2 cable to the kpa500 PA Key input.
Band switching was accomplished by the kpa500 directly.  I quote from the
kpa500 manual:

*Automatic Band Switching: The KPA500 automatically measures the frequency
of the RF drive *
*and selects the proper band. The PA KEY input must be connected to the
driving transmitter. *

Again my apologies for taking us off topic as I don’t think I answered the
spirit of Mark’s original post as I rely on the kpa500 to figure out what
band I was transmitting via the Kx3 via the rf interconnect.

Regards
Brian
VE3IBW