From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Grant Youngman
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 5:03 PM
To: k...@arrl.net
Cc: Elecraft Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Noise cancelling headphones

Bose is pretty well the leader in electronic noise cancellation.  But they are
also expensive (even more than Sony).

Worth their weight in GOLD on an airplane.  (I still use my ancient original
model 1.0 Bose when I fly — yes they’re clunky compared to the latest, and I
had to replace the ear pads a couple years ago, but they WORK), and I don’t
have to spend another $300-350.  Radio??  Maybe .. it’s another battery to
worry about if you’re portable, especially.   You can always spend $1000 for a
Bose aviation headset/mic :-)

My main radio headset is an RS60CF .. and that isn’t cheap either, but it
doesn’t require a battery …

Grant NQ5T

Message delivered to li...@w2irt.net