I spent years, lots of effort, and lots of money trying to mitigate amplifier fan noise. Many kinds of noise cancelling headphones failed, including one aircraft type. I even tried putting an early NC headset inside of a pair of earmuff type ear protectors.  I built a cabinet to enclose the amplifiers, but IT's fan was noisier than the amplifiers. Finally bought a passive Radiosport headset. By far the best, though I still think putting the KPA1500 in the other room would be better. As soon as the remote software is available.

73,

Scott K9MA