All are good suggestions and I have tried them all. No difference noted.

I run Malwarebytes and trust it. I do good cleanings periodically.

The older SSD I tried was used as the primary C drive while testing - no other drives plugged in. No changes there either.

What is strange is the fact that nothing is showing up on Task Manager as a hog.

Thanks for the ideas - I am tossing the towel. I'll simply run the K3 from the keypad and K-Pod. I was just hoping to clear some clutter from the desk.

All my day-to-day stuff is Linux Mint - so no worries.

Bill W2BLC K-Line