I also used a QC15 and then moved to the QC25 and found that either is a very
comfortable headset to wear for long periods of time.  The little microphone
that “dangles” in the cord actually works quite well with both the K3s and KX3
in most surroundings.  All that it requires is a good TRRS jack to two TRS male
plugs adapter.

 I have tried a couple of the add on boom mics but I prefer to use my desk
microphone (Shure SM57 or EV RE50N/D B) most of the time.

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI