I feel impelled to comment here. I use the
Bose QC-15 and since the model is out of
production, they are quite cheap on
fleabay.

1. If they are out of warranty, broken and
say the serial is removed, $100 to Bose
repair (keep your old cable) & your old
set will get you a refurbished pair. I
understand they will upgrade you if the
repair item is no longer available.

2. Headset Buddy by Clear mic provides a
perfect fitting boom mic for the QC-15 &
also for the older Bose model (same fit)
The microphone is excellent in audio
quality albeit the cord is with a smaller
diameter than the original from Bose. I
have several sets of these for the long
haul.

Caveat, maybe... To the bad, with Headset
Buddy version 1 which is all I have used;
the phones are reversed in stereo, L is
heard on the R & vice versa. HOWEVER... I
just went to their old page for it and it
says that version is discontinued for $19.
and there is now a new and improved
version and they say they listened to
customers reviews & suggestions. Perhaps
the L/R issue is now resolved. The new
price is $29. The old ones were worth
every penny, I'm sure these are even
better.

https://www.headsetbuddy.com/clearmic-plus
-2-noise-cancelling-boom-microphone-for-bo
se-qc15/

73,

Gary
KA1J