John KK9A

From: Charlie K3ICH
Date: Fri Aug 17 09:24:18 EDT 2018

I really do NOT understand why this data is so surprising.
It all seems to me to be perfectly normal with the amplifier's highest
efficiency occurring at near max output.
Which curiously, I would assume,  is the way the amp was designed.

Think zero output with zero drive = zero efficiency.
Apply some drive, read some output and the efficiency goes up from there.

73, Charlie k3ICH