Yes, very straightforward theory.  Just gather all the watts actually radiated by the antenna and divide it by the watts you put into Rr.  Unfortunately, I did not really address Bob's question ... "How do you sweep up all those watts?" :-)  That is a nearly intractable problem at HF unless you'll tolerate significant inaccuracies and assumptions.  It's much easier at UHF and uWaves.

An alternative is to measure/compute the losses.  Did something similar on a 10 KW FM broadcast TX, calculating the power it took to heat the exhaust air on the premise that the rest went up the coax to the antenna and I knew what the PA input power was.

KFBK in Sacramento CA [1530 KHz] eliminated a lot of the unmeasurable variables by employing a Franklin antenna [center-fed half-wave vertical] over the rice fields of the southern Sacramento Valley [nearly always standing water, and always wet]. The center-fed vertical exhibits far less ground losses than bottom-fed monopoles ... at 50 KW, it's colloquially known as the "Flame Thrower of Sacramento."  It may be the only Franklin left in NA.  KFBK is also famous as the birthplace of the RCA Ampliphase transmitters and the radio birthplace of Rush Limbaugh.

NEC models coupled with terrain models can be used to establish upper and lower bounds on antenna efficiency with pretty good fidelity to reality.  But Bob still posed a good question.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County