I would love to go back to 1955, Wayne, using homebrew equipment, when I
was first licensed (as G3KEP) and we used condensers instead of
capacitors.

Even in 2000 when I built my first K2 MoJo, I only had to press the key
and got a pileup calling me.

Nowadays, with the advent of PLT, CFL & LED lamps and switched mode
PSUs, I have an S9 noise level. So signals have to be over S9 for me to
work them.  Still, that should be OK for contests when every signal is
5NN ;-)

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, "Wayne Burdick n...@elecraft.com [KX3]"
<kx3-nore...@yahoogroups.com> writes