John,

I do not understand how the amplifier or the ALC could protect the LNA.
I assume the LNA is only used on receive, so if you have good sequencing between receive and transmit, no damage could occur. ALC is only applicable to transmit, and Elecraft does not recommend using ALC to limit the drive to the amplifier. Set the power to the amp properly and all will be well. Using ALC to control the exciter power is a bad way to do things, it will only lead to distortion and spurious emissions from the amplifier.

73,
Don W3FPR