This coupled with the RF topic seems appropriate because running an amplifier I
have RF no matter what in the world I do, and I tried everything under the sun.
 As was mentioned my shack is on the upper floor level with the antenna system
outside and not far away which is the real problem. I hate RF and can
understand another ham’s frustration with RF woes.

As far as an amplifier: Doesn't matter if it cost one grand or ten either way
an amplifier would wipe out the entire house with RF shutting down the dish,
computers, telephone and anything else electronic therefore 100 watts is all
I'll ever run because at 100 watts I never have RF problems. Recently been
running one watt and under with my K2/100 and not seeing much difference in
contacts versus the 110 watts this set will do, now I wonder why I went with
the 100 version:)

Good Luck with the RF problems. All the advice in the world didn't help me,
only thing I didn't try was an exorcist.

Curt/k3ey

K2/100

Roland Whitsitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: A lot of us here will never be able
to afford an amp if it's 5k.  I hope
elecraft remembers that.  I bet most of us wouldn't mind less bells and
whistles just to get a few hundred watts out there.   Maybe a poor-mans amp?
to go with my buget tuner.  Just another idea.
Roland N5VWN k2#3090