Roland (and others),

  While I agree with your point, the fact of the matter is that Elecraft was
responding to the needs of a contest amplifier.  Yes, the amp is out of my
league financially, but it still fits a marketing niche.  More power to them.
Cheap amps can be purchase down the block from Amer..... or on Ebay that work
quite well with the K2 even in portable applications.

  This is such a tight niche market, I was surprised that Elecraft made the
move to make the amps anyway.  Great amp.  Great features.  Impressive.  I will
have to waint until my ship comes in....meantime, I will continue to row the
dingy.

  Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common
sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.