I have homemade adjustable spark gaps on my open wire line. It’s important to
realize that voltages from normal operation on open wire lines can be quite
high. My installation is atypical since I run a very high SWR on some bands,
but the TLW program calculates as much as 7kv at the entrance to my shack on 40
meters! I saw some serious arcs before I got everything sized properly. I got a
couple of 10 meg 10kv resistors from Mouser to use as static drains.

Victor 4X6GP