The wiring for the Icom AH4 Interface is detailed on page 8 of the KAT500 manual. Pin 4 of the Molex connector is connected to the shield (shell) of the T-R-S plug.

I don't know how the MFJ cable is wired.

BTW - there are no hyphens in Elecraft product designations, so it is the "KAT500" and not the "KAT-500".

73,
Don W3FPR