      From: Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com>
 To: "backhoe...@yahoo.com" <backhoe...@yahoo.com>; "elecraft@mailman.qth.net"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:39 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500/KPA500 with Icom 7600 accessory cable

Ken,

If that Send cable is the only one you have connected between your Icom
and the KAT500, you need to feed a bit of RF to initiate a TUNE

The KAT500 will first look for a saved L/C combination for that antenna
and frequency and will switch to that rather than doing a TUNE.
Secondly, it will compute the SWR and if it is below 1.5, it will go
into bypass - no tuning is necessary.

Is it possible that either one of those conditions exist?

73,
Don W3FPR