Yeah, but we really want to get the problem solved so you can enjoy your KPA500
and KAT500 as much as we enjoy ours.
That connection list will be most helpful in this effort.

My thinking on the ground issue is that the power-plug ground is completing a
circuit that should not exist and thus disrupting
operations on band change. The question would be what is connected to ground
that should not be, and where?
Are the KPA and KATs kits or did they come assembled?

73!
Jack, W6FB