Good Evening,

   The small sunspot of last week has crossed over the limb of the sun.  Some auroral activity so there are ions out there. Without the storms of summer it should be pretty quiet.  My noise floor is normally low, somewhere below S1.  No nearby neighbors, no electric fences, and underground power lines.  My only possible interference is from the antenna farm about 1/2 a mile away.  An aircraft beacon, with various amateur, state police, forestry, and fire repeaters.  The antenna which sends me Internet is the one to the east.  There may be an FM broadcast band repeater too, I'm not sure.  Oh and a cellular telephone repeater.  All of them live above 20 meters.  I don't think there is a beacon for mariners, I am not that close to the ocean but the Columbia River is not that far to my north or east.  However, I've never heard any interference from any of those antennas on the frequencies I use.

   The mild weather has the buds swelling and a few sprouts popping up.  We had two inches of snow Monday morning but the temperatures have risen into the low fifties.  I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday  (2 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday  (4 PM PST Sunday)

73,

   Kevin. KD5ONS

-