One subtle point is to make certain in CW mode that you have tuned WWV to the carrier frequency and not to one of the transmitted tones. You also must tune to the audio pitch you have set for your sidetone. That is why SPOT is so important.

Listen for the WOW-WOW-WOW of the beat note between WWV and your SPOT frequency. Tune the VFO until the WOW-WOW-WOW slows to a stop if possible - then look at the frequency. If it does not have a string of zeros to the right side, adjust the K3 Reference Oscillator as indicated in the manual Calibration Procedures - Use Method 2.

I mention this because I have encountered many hams who do not know what zero-beat is.

73,
Don W3FPR