This type of discussion makes me wonder if folks are feeding audio direct from the computer to the Line IN on the rear or to the MIC input.  If they are using an external soundcard, i.e. Signalink or such, then I can understand Windows sounds being heard.  Not good.

If they are using the USB mode {and not a DATA mode, with the Menu item MIC + LINE set to ON, thus anything picked up by the mike is also transmitted along with WSJT-X data.

It would do well to carefully listen to your MON with headphones to see what exactly is being transmitted.    Correctly configured, only the WSJT-X data is transmitted......and as it should be.

73

Bob, K4TAX