This all works with Windows 10 Pro.    I've not used the Home edition.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 1/20/2019 6:14 AM, Andy Durbin wrote:
"Hope you check your windows setting, you might be surprised."

No surprises here.  I have never had my rig CODEC as the default sound playback device.
I don't have Windows 10 but, in every earlier version I have used, it is easy to ensure
that the rig CODEC is not the default playback device.  Simply right click the speaker
icon in the system tray and select playback devices.  You will see a new
"Sound" window with all playback devices listed.  One will be shown as the
default device.  Ensure the default device is not your rig CODEC.   This action does not
require WSJT-X, or any other application, to be running since the selection of the
default sound device is not application specific.

If, after you right click the speaker icon, you select volume mixer you should then see
"Device" on the left side of the mixer window.  Click the device menu and
select the rig CODEC.  You will see all the apps that are connected to that CODEC as long
as they are running and have recently produced a sound output.

The assignment of the rig CODEC to WSJT-X is done simply in the WSJT-X  file/settings/audio menu.
As with all digital mode applications, selection of the correct device is easier if the rig CODEC
has been assigned a meaningful name.   Mine is called "TS-590 RX" and "TS-590
TX".   The name can be changed by speaker icon right click,  playback devices, select the rig
CODEC then properties, edit name in name field.

Perhaps someone would confirm that all these steps are also applicable in Win
10.

Andy, k3wyc

Message delivered to rmcg...@blomand.net