Hi Bruce,

You're gonna' love building this kit! I just finished my 3rd one, plus the 100
W amp and tuner, and I have been having a lot of fun with it the last week or
so.

Yes, you want to build the basic cw kit first, then add options but if you read
the SSB kit's manual (and the others), it shows you where you can add a few
components during the initial build, so a ton of rework isn't necessary when
you want to add SSB. The rework eliminators were a nice addition, but not
necessary. I used them on the first one, but not this time. I've finally
finished and installed all of the K2's options, and there was no complicated
rework for any of them - that was my experience, anyway.

There is great support on this list, and at least in my experience, nobody will
criticize you for dumb questions - at least in public ;)

Enjoy, and don't be shy about asking for help.

73, Jim KO5V
Edgewood, NM

"I have taken advantage of Elecraft’s National Hobby Month offer and now have a
K2 plus KSB2 SSB Option, KNB2 Noise Blanker, KAT2 20W Internal ATU to build.

My query is: do I build first the K2 transceiver as CW only, then add in the
options as completed?

From reading the manuals, components have to be removed from the completed K2
before the addition of some options.  It seems a shame to undo work.

Old blogs mention a Rework Eliminator kit which would have been a solution to
my dilemma, but these are long since discontinued.

So, do I build first and add options later?  I'd be pleased to hear from other
K2 builders.

I must add a huge kudos to both Elecraft and UPS - California to Scotland - 46
hours from ordering to delivery!  What service!

Thank you.

Bruce

GM4BDJ"
______