Bob,

Since you had an ERR PTT indication in the midst of all this, unplug all cables except the USB cable and the Power Cable. Connect ANT1 to a dummy load.

Then open K3 Utility and open its Help file. Look for "Force a Firmware Download" and follow those instructions (the instructions are also in the manual).

After you are again up and running, plug each of your cables in one at a time and recycle power after each cable. If you see an ERR PTT, investigate that cable. It could be as simple as a closed paddle or key contact, or a mic cable that has PTT stuck on. Or it could be more complicated depending on what else you have in your station.

ERR PTT means that either a key or a mic PTT closure was detected when the K3 was turned on.

73,
Don W3FPR