Again thanks to all who replied.  Mike Cizek WØVTT reminded me of the little
USB-USB/RS232  switch on the KIO3B to force a firmware load.  This worked
immediately.

I posted my BAD on the PTT floor switch (head hanging, red

face) which caused the ERR PTT.  Several guys pointed me in the right direction
to isolate and correct the ERR PTT.

As to the cause of the original problem with no reception on 14 and 24mHz, no
idea.  It went away when I loaded a configuration file.

Boots, our new kitty, is innocent in this case and I apologized to him.  Boots
has not apologized for bringing in a live mouse, chasing it behind the TV and
pulling the SAT antenna cable out.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T